Friday, March 2

Friday's feast: number 133



I've been reading Friday Feasts and Thursday 13s for a few weeks now, and have found that they provide a wonderful way to get to know fellow bloggers. So I thought it was time to give it a try myself. Here is my offering, I hope you enjoy it (the dessert is particularly yummy...).

Appetizer
What does the color pink make you think of?
A dress I had when I was a little girl. It was pink with white starfish. I loved it so much and was devastated when I outgrew it. In fact I tried to convince my mother to let me wear it as a top, but she wouldn’t have it. I still have the dress though, along with some other old clothes. One day I would like to make a quilt from them.

Soup
Name something you thought you had lost, but later found.
Trust in my body. Following the death of a friend in 2000 I began suffering from panic attacks. For several years I was in a constant state of stress and fear, and looking back I don’t understand how I managed to cope. It was absolutely exhausting. It took a lot of work to eventually come out on the other side and the feeling of relief when you realise that yet another week, another month has passed without one is tremendous.

Salad
In 3 words, describe this past week.
Tears (lots of them)
Spring
Focus

Main Course
What are you obsessed with?
I frequently suffer from bouts of obsession. I am the sort of person who gets insanely enthusiastic about just about anything, and for short bursts of time I will be completely focused on that one thing. In the past these obsessions have ranged from quantum physics, ancient Greek to speed walking and learning Turkish… At the moment I am quite obsessed with my hamstrings. I’m determined to one day be able to do the splits, but it’s an uphill struggle, I have the shortest hamstrings in the world.

Dessert
What kind of perfume or cologne do you like to wear?
I don’t wear either; I find their scents too sharp and artificial. I do use a body oil called Hei Poa, which is a refined Polynesian coconut oil infused with Tiare flowers. It smells absolutely divine. I also like the smell of pure amber.

The photo of Tiare blossoms is from Desert Creations by Sharon

14 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Our desserts are quite similar this week.

Happy dining.
Mine's up

~*Kelli BoBelli*~ said...

I spent a lot of time reading your blog. You are very intriguing to me! You are great writer and you bring your details to life. Bravo on your use of English. I am always amazed that most of us Americans only know our native tongue.

I too am agnostic. Actually, I've just come to realize that. Have you heard Julia Sweeney's "Letting Go of god?" It is excellent, and really made me finally accept what I've felt all along.

You gave me such a warm feeling by reading your blog. It's nice to have "met" you!

Bearette said...

Splits are tough. I can't do them. One of my yoga students can pop into a split just like that, but not full lotus (which i find easy). it's really interesting to see how everybody's body works differently.

Caro said...

I get obsessed with things too.

The splits sound too painful to me.

Anonymous said...

Great feast! I'm glad that you got over and conquered your fear. I hate getting anxiety attacks. I had a couple of them and it aint fun. You did very well for your first feast.

Thanks for stopping by.

Debby said...

Great feast! I really enjoyed your appetizer. Happy Friday!

PennyBlue said...

I can so realte to anxiety attacks- they can be immobilizing. Thankfully, I can cope with them much better now. And of course art is always a great release. Happy Friday!

alisonwonderland said...

nicely prepared feast - especially for your first!

i've never been able to do the splits!

Rob Carr said...

I like how you're obsessed. It sounds like me!

Gotta remember this blog....

Rob of UnSpace

Unknown said...

gosh, quantum physics huh! I am like that too, lots of phases, like a humming-bird from obsession to obsession. At one time I used to be obsessd with chess (although I don't have the nerdy look). I spent an inordinate amount of my days just studying chess, not even playing it, just studying it... what a waste of life!

at least quatum physics, ancient greek and turkish has a purpose to it! not so sure about the splits though... :-)

Anonymous said...

I'm also very obsessive about things. I think it annoys my husband! lol

I'm sorry you've had a lot of tears this week. I hope this coming week is better!!

Tammy Brierly said...

Pure Amber sounds really interesting. I never heard of it but now I need to find it ;) I love these types of posts because I learn alot :)

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea to make a quilt out of loved clothing!

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't like to give up my perfume, but I am terribly picky about what I wear. It has to express me, not somebody else. Nowadays, as an expat, I take pride in wearing US perfumes because Italians hardly know of them.
No desserts at all here. Diet time.