Tuesday, May 15

Too much information?

The lovely Cheeky has tagged me for this four things about me meme, so here goes... some more information you never knew you didn't need to know about me...

4 jobs I’ve held:

  1. The first job I ever had was making souvenirs at the copper mine in Falun, the town in Sweden where I grew up. I hated it
  2. Journalist and free-lance writer
  3. Waitressing…
  4. Marketing manager. They hired me despite my lack of experience or formal training, and I didn't even have a formal interview. Sometimes it’s good to know the right people

4 movies I can watch over and over:

  1. Breakfast at Tiffany’s
  2. Together
  3. The Straight story
  4. The Shawshank Redemption

4 places I’ve lived:

  1. In my parents house in Sweden
  2. A hayloft in Canada
  3. A squat in the Netherlands
  4. Countless flats in the UK

4 TV shows I like to watch:

I don’t like watching TV, and like even less that I often end up watching it anyway. On top of that I just read somewhere that your metabolism slows down more when you watch TV than if you just sit still doing nothing. So it’s a fact: TV makes you fat.

Despite these issues, I have to admit I quite like the following, in no particular order:

  1. The Apprentice (The UK version)
  2. House MD – Oh, Hugh you sexy bastard
  3. The occasional rerun of Frasier
  4. Random documentaries

4 places I’ve been on holiday:

  1. My first ever holiday without my parents was to the Greek island of Kos with a girlfriend, we were 17 and had an absolute ball
  2. The most recent holiday was to Istanbul, which is becoming one of my favourite cities
  3. San Cristobal de las casas in the Chiapas in Mexico was pretty amazing
  4. Venice

4 of my favourite dishes:

  1. Split belly aubergine, as cooked by my partner’s mother. Actually anything with aubergine does the trick for me
  2. A selection of pickled herring, new potatoes, a little chunk of Västerbotten cheese, chives and a dollop of sour cream (mmmm... my mouth is watering), perhaps accompanied by a little vodka
  3. Fresh chantarelles fried in a little butter served with hot, buttered toast (a lot of butter I know, but it’s worth it) and freshly ground pepper. Yummmmy...
  4. A big bowl of fresh raspberries, wild strawberries, cherries. The cherries should be cold, but the other should be sun-warm

4 websites I visit daily:

  1. BBC news
  2. Guardian unlimited
  3. various blogs
  4. I constantly update the websites where I work, so I suppose I visit these daily too

4 places I’d rather be right now:

  1. At home, snuggled up on the sofa with my cats piled on top of me, a cup of hot water and lemon, reading Eat, Pray, Love
  2. On a loooong train journey with my man, in our own compartment, with a bottle of champagne and 24-hour butler service
  3. At a spa… in fact I'd like to be in a spa every day
  4. On a long hike, perhaps in Wales
La Cubana Gringa, Daisies, Marcos and Vedrana: you're it...

10 comments:

all over the map said...

ty for obliging me :)
Oh so many commonalities we have, as you said before.
I want to go back and do a little *edit update to mine now. Mainly about tv. I started to add a little bit (similar to your sentiment) to that 4 but then I changed it. Thinking, I was saying too much and I have a bad habit of editing my words when I really don't need to.
I too like Shawshank, possibly the best movie in my opinion.
I have such a love/hate relationship with the idea of television in general. It leaves me feeling guilty, and I too like it even less when I find myself getting sucked in. Urgh!
I need to make that aubergine recipe. I'm hoping it's the one on your blog. I saw it before and thought, mmhhh yummy.
All of places you would rather be sound delightful to me as well. You really do love a train ride. I agree, Wales would be the perfect place for a hike and perhaps a full day spa the next day to recharge.

Anonymous said...

I always love a good tagging. ;)

Tammy Brierly said...

Never too much information. Except for the fruit, I've never heard of your fav foods. Great stuff!

Vanessa said...

"Oh, Hugh you sexy bastard". I'll second that.
V ;)

Anonymous said...

By Together do you mean the Swedish film Tillsammans (about a woman leaving her husband to live a group of hippies in a commune)? I love that film!

Unknown said...

thank you, darling.

I will do it. just not sure when!

oh the food bit had me dribbling all over the keyboard - especially the pickled herring... omg...

Mrs. Spencer said...

i love to hear more information about you. the snuggled up with cats, reading part made me smile. what do you think of eat, pray, love so far?

xo

Anonymous said...

Damn, you're a sweety.

Oh, and BTW, mushroom hair RULES.

daisies said...

how fun and i too always love a good tagging ~ will be putting forth my 'is it every really too much information?' on the weekend :)

fun fun fun :)

Gel said...

OOh, I loved the show "Frasier."
I didn't see this post until now (in June almost July). My real life book group chose some upcoming books at a meeting I wasn't able to attend. The Nov. choice will be Eat, Pray, Love. I haven't read it yet. Gr8 to know you like it so much.